Saturday, April 17, 2010

Facebook Update

My latest (over-the-top) post included my plan for "drastically" cutting back on the time I spent on Facebook.

So how did it go? 

Overall, the plan went very well. The first few days were a bit tough because checking out Facebook became a habit I did not even really think about. After breaking through the initial barrier it was pretty easy.

The obvious benefit to checking FB and other similar sites less is more free time. (Oddly, I am not really sure what I spent the additional free time doing...It clearly was not blogging more.)

A surprising result was that I stopped caring about what was going on with the hundreds of "friends" that I had. It was calming.

Moving forward I am trying to simplify my life before heading to law school so I will definitely stick with visiting Facebook less.

No comments:

Post a Comment